This course aims to deepen students' understanding of the actual systems of Japanese companies and industries through a series of lectures given by professional company staff.
Japanese company engineers or administrators will give six lectures in English regarding working environment, company culture and required communication/language skills.
Attendance is required at the briefing session and all the lectures.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. deepen their understanding on some industries and companies in Japan
2. understand the working environment, culture and required communication/language skills of several organizations/companies in Japan
3. understand the actual technical systems of Japanese companies and public institutions
|✔ Applicable||How instructors' work experience benefits the course|
|Lectures will be given by the Japanese company/institute engineer or administrator with practical experience.|
Japanese Companies, Industries, Social System, Technology, Working Environment
|Specialist skills||✔ Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
This course consists of six lectures.
Student attendance is expected at the briefing session and all the lectures.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||June 24 (Wed) 15:25 ~ 16:10 Briefing session: Explanation of the outline and requirements of the course.||Details will be given in each class|
|Class 2||Lecture 1: July 1 (Wed) 15:25-17:05 by Japanese company engineer or administrator||Details will be given in each class|
|Class 3||Lecture 2: July 8 (Wed) 15:25-17:05 by Japanese company engineer or administrator||Details will be given in each class|
|Class 4||Lecture 3: July 15 (Wed) 15:25-17:05 by Japanese company engineer or administrator||Details will be given in each class|
|Class 5||Lecture 4: July 22 (Wed)15:25-17:05 by Japanese company engineer or administrator||Details will be given in each class|
|Class 6||Lecture 5: July 29 (Wed) 15:25-17:05 by Japanese company engineer or administrator||Details will be given in each class|
|Class 7||Lecture 6：August 5 (Wed.) 15:25-17:05 by Japanese company engineer or administrator at Room H136||Details will be given in each class|
No specific text in this course.
References will be introduced during the course according to the visit and lecturer.
Understanding of the lectures 66%, Final report 34%
1. Class attendance: attendance is expected at briefing session and all lectures.
2. Short reports on lectures: Students are requested to write a short report (quiz) by the given sheet right after each lecture.
3. Final report: Students are requested to write a final report on a specific industry or company/organization in which you have interest. It should state the current situation, strength, weakness and future prospect of the industry or company/organization. Length should be in two to three pages (in A4 size).
4. Report submission:
Short report should be submitted within the day of the lecture with the title “Report _ lecture data_ your student number and name” to the following e-mail address:
ysep.sjci2#gmail.com (please substitute @ for #)
Final report should be submitted by July 20 (Mon.) to the above e-mail address.
Since the lecture will be conducted in English, the student should have enough English ability to understand it.
yusato#ryu.titech.ac.jp (please substitute [at] for #)
Note: Please make sure to send your report to the above e-mail address since submission is recorded by TA. When you send your report, you will receive the confirmation of its receipt by TA. If you don't receive the confirmation, you are requested to contact Prof. Sato since the report might be missing.