The aim of this course is to learn a broad range of research methodology for front-line researchers, including budget acquisition, English-paper writing, grant application, research ethics. This course target mainly D1 and D2 students. It allows the students to hold in advance the researchers' literacy required for students who are going to get academic positions.
To acquire a paper writing capability for transmitting academic achievements to society.
To acquire a broad range of literacy in research project planning and management in order to deepen your academic field, as well as to budget acquisition.
Researchers attainments, Research grant acquisition, English-paper writing, Research grant proposal, Research ethics
|✔ Specialist skills||✔ Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
1) International students need the ability of Japanese language to under stand the lecture contents.
2) According to the application situation of each student to the JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC2), the third and fourth classes are slightly different in the four quarters as follows:
1Q: for the students who are going to apply his/her DC2 proposal to the JSPS by the middle of the coming May.
2Q: for the students who have not yet applied it.
3Q: for the students who have already applied it.
4Q: for the students who have not yet applied it.
3) This course may impose a limitation on a total number of students in each quarter. At that time, faculty members will make selections, taking account of the students' specialty. Students who are not selected should register for another quarter.
4) All the students will receive the information on Zoom URLs, can download instructors' lecture materials, and can upload your reports through OCW-i.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||October 7 (Thursday) 3-4 period, Zoom ・Explanation of lecture and evaluation methods. ［Japanese offered］:（Hirofumi Akagi） ・Structured research methodology and budget acquisition. ［Japanese offered］:（Shunri Oda）||・Explain lecture and evaluation methods. ・Learn the ethos of scientists.|
|Class 2||October 14 (Thursday) 5-6 period, Zoom ・English technical paper writing literacy and simulated English technical paper writing exercise. ［English offered］:（Gonzales, Hazel Bantolino）||・English technical paper writing literacy.|
|Class 3||October 22 (Friday) 5-8 period, Zoom ・Grant application literacy. ［Japanese offered］:（Amane Koizumi and Kenji Fujii）||・Learn how to write grant application forms.|
|Class 4||October 27 (Wednesday) 5-8 period, Zoom ・Self-writing of a Grant application form. ［Japanese offered］:（Amane Koizumi and Kenji Fujii）||Self-writing of a Grant application form.|
|Class 5||November 22（Monday) 5-6 period, Zoom ・Peer-reviewed paper exercise. ［English offered］:（Richinschi, Dan）||・Literacy for peer review of technical papers.|
|Class 6||November 26 (Friday) 3-4 period, Zoom ・Research Ethics. ［Japanese offered］:（Tomohiko Uyematsu）||・Ethics for scientists.|
When a student is absent in a class, his/her grade point may be reduced.
1) Doctoral students, who have already taken the Pre ALP Practice course with one credit as master students, cannot register for this course.
2) As a general rule, each of doctoral students, who belongs to his/her doctoral course for less than six months, cannot register for this course.
(Indicate the name and affiliation)