This course consists of three parts and each outline and aim are as follows:
- Activities to draw up a year-plan and a unit-plan while referring to the annual school event plan and a textbook, and to clarify the learning objectives and assessment viewpoints of each lesson are performed. These activities provide students with occasions to consider effective use of ICT in a collaborative work.
- Experiences of various methods of cyber ethics / safety education are given for clarifying issues of the current methods, and explanation of the new method, "Cyber Ethics Judgement by Three-type of Knowledge," is provided. Assessment methods of cyber ethics education are also discussed.
- The opportunity of the exercises for data analysis of educational assessment by means of a spreadsheet software is given. It will promote student's understanding about influences of purposes and conditions of problem solving for judgment whether ICT should be used or not.
Students are required to achieve following objectives:
1) Can make a year-and unit-plan of “Information Study” and set appropriate learning objectives of each lesson in order to emphasize cultivation of “Scientific Understanding of ICT Use” and “Attitude toward Building Better Information Society” for improving the current issues pointed out by National Council of education, inappropriate emphasis of instruction of ICT operation.
2) Can point out the problems of rule based methods for cyber ethics education, understand the features and critical points of the appropriate and effective method based on “Three types of knowledge” for cyber ethics judgments, and design a lesson plan and an instructional material after choosing an effective topic.
3) Recognize that whether ICT should be utilized or not is changed according to the purposes and conditions even if the same problem is given, and can choose appropriate use of ICT, especially use of spreadsheet, in the typical teacher's problem-solving activity, learner's assessment.
Information Study, informatical and systematical ways of viewing and thinking, year-plan, objective analysis, cyber ethics/safety/security education, educational assessment
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||✔ Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
This course consists of three 5-hour lessons held at the end of September before starting “Studies on Method of Information Study 3.”
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Making a Year-plan of "Information Study I," Objective Analysis of the Subject||A year-plan, a unit-plan, and objective analysis of the unit|
|Class 2||Methods of Cyber Ethics/Safety/Security Education||A lesson plan of cyber security education|
|Class 3||Educational Assessment, Data Analysis by Means of Spread Sheet Software||Assessment plan of the unit|
・National Course of Studies for the Upper Secondary Schools. (In Japanese)
・Guidebook of National Course of Studies for the Upper Secondary Schools: Informatics. (In Japanese)
・A textbook of Information Study (In Japanese)
・Students will be assessed based on ratio of attendance, exercises in the classes, and homework exercises.
・Students who were absent more than once lose their credit. All students are required to attend the class to make a year-plan.
・Students are required to earn every credit for related courses of LAT.
・Students are required to earn more than 18 credits for related courses certified as “Information Study” in the teacher promotion program.
・Students are required to send an application e-mail that includes ID, name, major program, and e-mail address to following contact address until the end of July.
・Students who have already taken a credit of a similar course cannot take this course.
Please send an e-mail for appointment.
・Students who have successfully finished the course are equivalent to earning a credit of the course when taking “Studies on Method of Information Study 3”