This course is for students who have completed a beginner level of Japanese.
You will learn Japanese through various activities such as discussion, tasks, and so on.
This class focuses on reading, speaking, and sharing your experience.
You will develop your abilities to write and speak about Japanese culture and society:
1) in addition to that, we will learn to become more familiar with Japanese sounds through every homework of dictation;
2) as one of the classroom activities, we will do shadowing which allows you to speak Japanese fluently;
3) we will use a "micro: bit" microcomputer and write some programs with Japanese scratch, and based on the activity, we will learn how to make Japanese short sentences with Kanji characters.
4) finally, we will make a presentation about what you did with your program.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1) explain what you want to express with the fundamental level of the linguistic element and skills;
2) explain one's experience in brief;
3) write some short sentences in Japanese.
pre-intermediate level, reading, talking, writing, presentation, dictation, shadowing
|Specialist skills||✔ Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
Building up vocabulary, reading, speaking, and writing are carried out based on topics.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Orientation||Learn the methods of shadowing and dictation.|
|Class 2||Writing program with Japanese scratch||Write your first program in Japanese scratch.|
|Class 3||Read and become familiar with a longer sentence.||Read longer sentences than that learned in Basic classes.|
|Class 4||Report what you made with programming.||Speak what you did shortly.|
|Class 5||Discuss what the point of dictation is.||Discuss with classmates.|
|Class 6||To get your ideas in shape.||Write about your experiences and make a presentation.|
|Class 7||Correcting your sentences. Presentation.||Learn speech styles for your presentation.|
|Class 8||Presentation||Reflect your presentation.|
Shadowing: Speaking in Japanese シャドーイング 日本語を話そう 初〜中級編
micro:bit de hajimeru puroguramingu: oyakode manaberu puroguramingu to erekutoronikusu.
(programing stating with micro:bit, -- kids and parents can start computer programing and microelectronics.
As a material, "micro:bit" microprocessor will be prepared for students (https://www.switch-science.com/catalog/3735/).
You do not need to buy it, but if you are interested in it, please prepare it.
You need to bring your own notebook computer which is ready for USB3.0/2.0 and internet communication.
Students must attend all the classes, do all the homework. Based on that student must perform best Japanese use during the class.
No prerequisite. Only for international students who have near intermediate level of Japanese skills.
You must reserve your seat of this class in advance using Japanese class online system (http://js.ila.titech.ac.jp/~web).
You will not be allowed to seat without your reservation.
We will use a microprocessor called 'micro:bit' in this course.
Therefore, students must bring your laptop computer.