We will perform experiments and exercises on techniques for designing and planning cities and environments.
Based on expertise in Urban Design and Built Environment, students will discover new problems related to research, production, and technology development, and learn skills that lead to solving them and implementing the solutions.
Students will acquire the following abilities.
1) Ability to discover and explore new issues in research, creation, and technology development in urban design and built environment.
2) Ability to find solutions based on specialized expertise of a systematized, broad, and deep nature for problems in urban design and built environment.
3) Educational ability needed for guidance of others, encompassing scientific and technological knowledge and ethics
Literature search, data collection, data analysis, laboratory-based education, coursework
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
Classes are held at the academic supervisors' laboratories. The course schedule will be determined through discussions with students.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||To be announced by each laboratory.||To be announced by each laboratory.|
Specifics of the assessment criteria and methods, which are in accordance with the student learning outcomes 1-3, will be announced prior to the start of the course.
1) Students must be a member of one of the laboratories in the course of Urban design and Built environment.
2) Students must have completed the 400-level basic courses offered by the course of Urban design and Built environment or have equivalent knowledge.