This course pursues researching, discussing, summarizing, and making presentation for the special research topics permitted by the student’s academic supervisor.
By pursuing course, the students can acquire the basic ability as a researcher and an engineer; such as survey and analysis of previous works, data collection, method for analysis and evaluation, capacity of understanding, creativity, ability of design, ability to find issues, ability to solve the issues, language skill, ability to make thesis, discussion method, and presentation method.
The two most important education methods in the graduate course are the coursework and the laboratory-based education, an individual guidance for the researching. This research seminar is a core course in the laboratory-based education and students are required to increase their power of specialty and power of execution, actively and spontaneously through their research.
Students will acquire the following ability as a professional leader, step by step.
1) Professional expertise for identifying the scientific and technological essence of energy science and engineering.
2) Ability to acquire expertise in areas outside of energy science and engineering and connect it to practical problem solving.
3) Ability to solve the emerged issues and to propose creative ideas by use of the professional knowledge.
4) Ability to conduct research with global awareness of the research and development trends.
5) Ability to explain concepts logically, develop arguments, and put them in writing.
Research, literature search, data collection, data analysis, analysis and evaluation, understanding, finding issue, solving issue,, academic paper writing, presentation, laboratory-based education
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
Classes are held at the academic supervisor’s laboratory. The course schedule will be determined through discussions among students and the academic supervisor.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||研究室ごとに課題を決定する。||To be determined by each laboratory.|
Specified by the academic supervisor, as necessary.
Specified by the academic supervisor, as necessary
Specifics of the assessment criteria and methods, being in accordance with the student learning outcomes 1)-5), will be determined prior to the start of the course.
1. Students must be a member of one of the laboratories in the Energy Science and Engineering.
2. Student must have completed the 400, and 500 level course offered by the Energy Science and Engineeg in undergraduate major or have equivalent knowledge.