A student develops the ability to conduct a research on the subject determined by discussions with the supervisor. He/She deepens the understanding on the subject and try to solve a problem through discussions and various other research activities. He/she will be able to utilize what he/she has learned in lectures and learn how to overcome difficulties. In addition, he/she summarizes the studies in the form of a thesis and gives a presentation.
1) Can understand and evaluate contemporary physics research.
2) Can discuss on experimental and theoretical results.
3) Can consider experimental and simulation results logically.
4) Can have their own opinions on research results and present them logically.
5) Can apply knowledge in physics to resolve problems.
6) Can learn knowledge outside physics and use them to resolve problems.
7) Can understand implications and impacts of unsolved problems in physics and try to resolve them.
8) Can behave as an independent researcher.
presentation, research subject, solving a problem, logical explanation
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
Conduct a research in laboratories of the supervisor. The plan is made by discussions between a student and the supervisor. There is also a presentation.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Guidance by the supervisor. Discussions on the theme and the plan. Determination of the theme Reading literature. Conducting research Giving a presentation.||Follow the instructions of the supervisor.|
Based on the presentation and evaluation of the supervisor.
Satisfying the requirements for independent research project(PHY)