This course is for providing credit for study-abroad experience, such as exchange program with credit transfer, etc.
For third and fourth year undergraduate students.
It is aimed that through oversea experience, one can obtain skills mentioned in the goal below.
1) Student will be able to live in different environment from his/her origin based on their field of expertise.
2) Student will be able to make decision and action to overcome difficult situation while conducting his/her responsible work.
3) Student will be able to develop multicultural understanding, accept one's ideas/thoughts and express his/her opinions.
4) Student will be able to understand ethics as scientists/engineers/technicians in various environment.
5) Student will be able to develop team work and coordination skills to solve problems in order to work in different places in science and engineering field.
Risk Management, Practical Skill, Decision Making, Problem Finding and Solving, Multicultural Understanding
Global Scientists and Engineers Course Study Abroad or International Internship Program
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
This course is to make assessment for study-abroad experience.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||This course is to make assessment for study-abroad experience.||N/A|
Pass/Fail based on Report
Contents to be included in Report
1) Objectives of the Program、2) Schedule、 3) Summary of the Program、 4) Details of the activities (Debate, seminar, lectures, site visits, etc）、5) Explanation on how your field of expertise and this study-abroad experience has developed your skills described in course objectives. What kind of preparation you think will be necessary to develop such skills in your near future. 6) Personal essay
Volume of the Report
A4 5-10 pages (including figures and photos),
Times New Roman 10.5 point.
It is preferable that one is registed for Global Scientists and Engineers Course