This course grants credits for overseas dispatch programs which are ４ weeks or longer but under 6 weeks.
The applicable programs included are the London International Youth Science Forum, internships in Sweden, and other summer programs at partner universities designated by Tokyo Tech.
The course is for first and second year students.
Aims: Students will develop skills indicated in the student learning outcomes by gathering overseas experience.
1) Student will be able to live in different environment from his/her origin based on their field of expertise.
2) Student will be able to make decision and action to overcome difficult situation while conducting his/her responsible work.
3) Student will be able to develop multicultural understanding, accept one's ideas/thoughts and express his/her opinions.
4) Student will be able to understand ethics as scientists/engineers/technicians in various environment.
5) Student will be able to develop team work and coordination skills to solve problems in order to work in different places in science and engineering field.
Risk Management, Practical Skill, Decision Making, Problem Finding and Solving, Multicultural Understanding
Global Scientists and Engineers Course Study Abroad or International Internship Program
|Specialist skills||✔ Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||✔ Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
This course is to make assessment for study-abroad experience.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||This course is to make assessment for study-abroad experience.||N/A|
Pass/Fail based on Report
Contents to be included in Report
1) Objectives of the Program、2) Schedule、 3) Summary of the Program、 4) Details of the activities (Debate, seminar, lectures, site visits, etc）、5) Explanation on how your field of expertise and this study-abroad experience has developed your skills described in course objectives. What kind of preparation you think will be necessary to develop such skills in your near future. 6) Personal essay
Volume of the Report
A4 5-10 pages (including figures and photos),
Times New Roman 10.5 point.
It is preferred that students are registered for the Global Scientists and Engineers Course