In this class, the instructor give lectures about data and concepts of scientometrics and indicators. Then he illustrates methodology of scientometrics and explains how to use related software. Lastly, he gives a task to analyze "real" text data and bibliographic data.
The aims of this class is as follows.
- To learn quantitative approaches in science an technology studies.
- To have basic skills for qualitative analysis.
(1) Understand basic concepts of scientometrics and indicators.
(2) Have basic knowledge about methodology of scientometrics.
(3) Have basic skills for executing scientometric analysis.
Scientometrics; quantitative research; text analysis
|✔ Specialist skills||Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
Combination of lecture and exercises via zoom. Students are recommended to bring your own PC to the class.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Introduction||Understand Outline|
|Class 2||Text analysis（1)||Install KH coder|
|Class 3||Text analysis（2)||frequency analisys|
|Class 4||Text analysis（3)||Co-word analysis|
|Class 5||Text analysis（4)||Use Pajek|
|Class 6||Text analysis（5)||Build your corpus|
|Class 7||Text analysis（6)||Correspondence analysis|
Hand out materials as needed.
Final report (100%)