In this course given by a researcher in leading edge science and technology, cutting edge research in polymer science is explained and introduced to students.
Students are expected to apply the cutting edge research learned in the course to real problems, enjoying solving problems. This course helps students develop the ability to understand cutting edge academic knowledge as well as science and technology.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
1) Explain novel certain topics in polymer science filed.
2) Understand the topics and to prepare an overview of previously conducted research, identify issues, and propose a solution.
3) Acquire the oral competence necessary to make presentations, articulate views/ideas/findings, etc., and debate effectively.
The most advanced science, polymer chemistry
|✔ Specialist skills||Intercultural skills||Communication skills||✔ Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
1) Towards the end of class, students are given exercise problems related to what is taught on that day to solve.
2) Before coming to class, students should read the course schedule and check what topics will be covered.
3) Attendance is taken in every class.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Introduction; Overview of the most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry||Understand the definition of the most advance science. Students must make sure they understand what significance the course holds for them by checking their learning portfolio.|
|Class 2||The most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry 1||Understand the topics.|
|Class 3||The most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry 2||Understand the topics.|
|Class 4||The most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry 3||Understand the topics.|
|Class 5||The most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry 4||Understand the topics.|
|Class 6||The most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry 5||Understand the topics.|
|Class 7||The most advanced science and technology in polymer chemistry 6||Understand the topics.|
|Class 8||Special lecture of the topic. • Attendance will be taken during class.||Review the course contents. Understanding and discussion of the most advanced science by the presentation style of scientific meeting.|
1) Students will be evaluated based on their understanding of cutting edge polymer science and their ability to apply it
2) Points are given based on reports (80%) and exercises (20%)
3) Achievement goals from 1 are evaluated out of 20 points, and 2 and 3 out of 40 points each
4) Students must attend every class.
5) Students will not pass if they are repeatedly late or resubmit reports too often.
No prerequisites are necessary, but enrollment in the related courses is desirable.