Students conduct bachelor's research under consultation of the supervisors. Students are requested to deepen understanding of the materials related to the research subjects by investigating the literature, and to clarify the materials through the research activities and discussions. In this process, students are expected to acquire the ability to solve the problems as an expert, based on the fundamental knowledge of the related and surrounding research fields. Students are requested to be familiar with acquiring and analyzing research results, and extracting conclusions from the results. It is encouraged to investigate the results from many different viewpoints. The obtained results are presented in a bachelor thesis, and discussed with the colleagues. Bachelor thesis research is the core of laboratory education, in which each student tackles a specific research subject. This is complementary to the course work based on the systematic curriculum. By carrying out the research, students are expected to acquire the capabilities to discover and solve new problems, as well as to improve the skills as an expert.
By bachelor 's research, students are expected to acquire the following abilities.
1) Ability to apply expert knowledge of materials science to various problems.
2) Ability to learn other expert knowledge for solving the problems.
3) Understand the requirements from the society in the problems of material science, to locate the problems in the right place and to find the solutions.
4) Ability of logical thinking, and clear discussion and documentation.
5) Ability as an independent expert with sufficient communication skills.
Bachelor thesis, presentation, research subject, solutions, literature search, logical thinking
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Not defined||Not defined|
Individual assessments are done according to the requirements 1) ~ 5).
Satisfy the requirements of bachelor's research.