This course is given at the laboratory of student's academic supervisor, and conducted through discussion on the research field including related literature to his/her doctor thesis.
The aim of this course is to have specific knowledge on the research subject and skills for independent researcher.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to :
1) Understand the significance of energy science
2) Understand the significance of research topic based on investigations of related works
3) Explain the background of research topics logically, discuss it and put it in writing
4) Have the knowledge on the subject and oral competence to present his/her point of view effectively
5) Work as an independent researcher and/or engineer who has highly specific knowledge
Doctor thesis, literature search, research skill, presentation skill, ability to explain concepts logically
|✔ Specialist skills||✔ Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||✔ Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
Conduct laboratory work and make a research report concerning doctor thesis under the guidance of your academic supervisor. The course schedule is determined through discussions with the academic supervisor.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||・ Guidance from your academic supervisor ・ Discussions on the direction of your research ・ Decide your research theme ・ Design research plan and carry out the research ・ Literature search ・ Interim report ・ Interpret the results and draw conclusions ・ Write the report on the progress of his/her study concerning doctor thesis ・ Prepare presentation materials||Follow instructions from your academic supervisor.|
The specific assessment criteria, which are in accordance with the learning outcomes.
The student is required to have master course level knowledge and skills.