In this course, you are supposed to deeply dig into the issues that the organization faces. Using the design thinking method based on the user-centered viewpoint, students are supposed to define a problem and to make a project plan, which leads to new innovation. The proposal will be used in the next semester.
By taking this course, you will acquire the following abilities:
1) To be able to define a problem based on the user's point of view.
2) To be able to present solutions based on the actual physical product(s) based on design thinking.
3) To be able to communicate well with users and team members.
Design thinking, Project-Based-Learning (PBL), Internship, Learning by doing, Team learning, Communication skills
|Specialist skills||Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||✔ Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
1. Learn how to proceed with field work.
2. Practice field work. Alternatively, pick up the voices of the site through interviews, etc., and dig deeper into the issues.
3. Create and submit the final report.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Orientation, Field work methodology, Information search regarding field work topics||Get to know the brief summary of this course.|
|Class 2||Advanced interview method, Design of individual interview, Choosing FW topic||Start searching information regarding a chosen topic.|
|Class 3||Update report||Report with Zoom, Slack, etc.|
|Class 4||Mid-term presentation||PowerPoint file for presentation|
|Class 5||Update report||Report with Zoom, Slack, etc.|
|Class 6||Update report||Report with Zoom, Slack, etc.|
|Class 7||Update report||Report with Zoom, Slack, etc.|
|Class 8||Final presentation||PowerPoint file for presentation|
Necessary materials will be provided in the class.
It is introduced from the course staff.
You will be evaluated by weekly and final report.
It is preferable to take HCB.C402 "Design Creation Foundation".