The student makes the research plan on the graduation thesis determined through discussions with his/her academic supervisor. The student gets a deep understanding of his/her research theme by reading related literature, and associated problems are defined. The student writes a research plan and makes a presentation and discussions on it.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
1) Know the significance of electrical and electronic engineering problems and their influence on society
2) Explain concepts logically, and discuss them
3) Have the knowledge to present his/her point of view effectively during discussions
Corresponding educational goals are:
(3) Communication skills Logical explanations and mutual respect
(4) Applied skills (inquisitive thinking and/or problem-finding skills) Organization and analysis
(5) Applied skills (practical and/or problem-solving skills) Basic problem solving
(8) Skills thinking and writing logically, and explaining and expressing their thoughts in a team
(9) Skills multilaterally understanding and analyzing phenomena related to electrical and electronic engineering, and taking action at their own discretion
(10) Skills understanding the relationship between electrical and electronic engineering and society, and using the expertise to solve problems
presentation, research theme, literature search, ability to explain concepts logically
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
The course schedule is determined through discussions with your academic supervisor.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||・ Guidance from your academic supervisor ・ Discussions on the direction of your research ・ Decide your research theme ・ Literature search ・ Make a research plan ・ Make a presentation and discussions on the research plan||Follow instructions from your academic supervisor.|
The research plan, the presentation and the discussions will be evaluated from the points of learning outcomes 1 to 3 above.
The student is required to have satisfied the conditions for taking Graduation Thesis at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.