As the most advanced high voltage engineering technology, there are electrostatic precipitator technology which is the deciding factor of air purification and advanced water treatment technology which enables reuse of drainage.Since these environmental purification technologies related to air and water essential to humanity are based on high voltage and discharge technology, by acquiring basic knowledge in the lecture and deepening practical understanding through experiments, develop knowledge, ability and culture required of graduates.
By the end of this course, students will be able to do the following.
1) Understand the basic theory of high voltage technology and discharge phenomenon, and explain application examples to environmental purification technology.
2) Understand the principle and technical problems of electrostatic precipitator technology, acquire the measurement method of dust collection efficiency, and propose suitable electrostatic precipitator technology .
3) Understand the water treatment principles and technical issues of advanced water treatment technology, acquire measuring methods such as ozone generation efficiency, and can propose suitable water treatment technology technology for waste water.
Corresponding educational goals are:
(1) Specialist skills Fundamental specialist skills
(4) Applied skills (inquisitive thinking and/or problem-finding skills) Organization and analysis
(7) Skills acquiring a wide range of expertise, and expanding it into more advanced and other specialized areas
High voltage, Insulation, Corona discharge, Static electricity, Charging, Barrier discharge, Electrostatic precipitator, Ozone generator
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
This course is an intensive course for 4 days conducted by lecture + experiment. Lectures and experiments on air purification technology in the first half and lectures and experiments on advanced water treatment technology in the second half. The report must be submitted by the due date.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Lecture on current air purification technology, group work||Understand the principle of operation of the electrostatic precipitator and design the electrode.|
|Class 2||Atmospheric purification experiment using electrostatic precipitator||Measure the dust collection performance of your own electric dust collector. 19/5000 Jisaku no denki shūjinki no shūjin seinō o jissoku suru. Measure the dust collection performance of your own electrostatic precipitator.|
|Class 3||Lecture on current advanced water treatment technology, group work||Understand the principle of operation of the ozone generator and design the electrode.|
|Class 4||Advanced water treatment experiment using ozone generator||Measure ozone concentration using your own ozone generator and process simulated wastewater.|
Lecture materials will be uploaded to OCW-i.
All attendance and all experiments are principle. Evaluate the results according to the submission status of the experiment report and the scoring result. If you are late and repeat absence, you may fail.
Booking by email. The room is 615, Sixth floor, South 3 Building
The class days of 2019 is from September 2 to September 5.