The student conducts research on a project determined through discussions with his/her academic supervisor. The student can study more on the graduation thesis, prepare the master thesis, or research on a different topic.
The total effective work time is about 480 hours.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
1) Apply knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering to solve problems related to the field
2) Study the fundamentals of fields other than electrical and electronic engineering independently to solve problems
3) Understand the significance of electrical and electronic engineering problems, judge their influence on society, and solve them
4) Explain concepts logically, discuss them, and put them in writing
5) Work as an independent researcher and have the knowledge and oral competence to present his/her point of view effectively during discussions
Corresponding educational goals are:
(3) Communication skills Logical explanations and mutual respect
(4) Applied skills (inquisitive thinking and/or problem-finding skills) Organization and analysis
(5) Applied skills (practical and/or problem-solving skills) Basic problem solving
(8) Skills thinking and writing logically, and explaining and expressing their thoughts in a team
(9) Skills multilaterally understanding and analyzing phenomena related to electrical and electronic engineering, and taking action at their own discretion
(10) Skills understanding the relationship between electrical and electronic engineering and society, and using the expertise to solve problems
presentation, research theme, problem-solving, literature search, ability to explain concepts logically
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
The course schedule is determined through discussions with your academic supervisor.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||・ Guidance from your academic supervisor ・ Discussions on the direction of your research ・ Decide your research theme ・ Carry out research ・ Literature search ・ Interim report ・ Interpret results and draw conclusions ・ Write a report||Follow instructions from your academic supervisor.|
The report will be evaluated from the points of learning outcomes 1 to 5 above.
The student can take this course after taking Graduation Thesis at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.