This course provides how to create a successful startup through developing an innovative product.
This course introduces the 24 step approach to understand and implement proven framework that is both comprehensive and integrated.
Students will learn an integrated toolbox to be used repeatedly so that they can build great enterprises based on innovation.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1) Explain what Entrepreneurship is
2) Learn 24 step approach to a successful startup, and based on this, understand how to start a business
3) Produce a business plan and proposal based on the organized approach
Entrepreneurship, 24 step approach to a startup
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
1) The course consists of lectures and group exercises
2) Students are expected to participate in a variety of activities including group works, presentations and discussions.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 2||What is Disciplined Entrepreneurship?||self introduction|
|Class 3||Generating Ideas for a New Venture||Generating Ideas|
|Class 4||Building a Team||Pitch presentation & team building|
|Class 5||Who is Your Customer?||Market segmentation|
|Class 6||Primary Market Research||Market research& interview|
|Class 7||What Can You Do for Your Customer?||Preparation of presentation|
|Class 8||Team presentation|
|Class 9||How Does Your Customer Acquire Your Product?||Determine the Decision-Making Unit|
|Class 10||How Do You Make Money Off Your Product?||Create a business model|
|Class 11||How Do You Make Money Off Your Product? (2)||Preparation of presentation|
|Class 12||Team presentation 2|
|Class 13||How Do You Design & Build Your Product?||Creat a mock-up|
|Class 14||How Do You Scale Your Business?||Assignment: Preparation of presentation|
|Class 15||Final presentation and review|
Bill Aulet, “Disciplined Entrepreneurship: 24 Steps to a Successful Startup,” Wiley (2013)
1) None required.
2) Course materials are provided during class.
1) Class contribution & report
2) Contribution to the group work and presentation