This course is a small class for studying English communication in technical fields, by an instructor who is a native speaker of English.
This course will develop students' English presentation skills, which are important for English communication in technical fields.
At the end of this course, the students will be able to give a concise English presentation.
English presentation, Scientific English
|Intercultural skills||Communication skills||Specialist skills||Critical thinking skills||Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
1) An instructor with native English will give lectures on English presentations in technical fields.
2) To improve English communication skills, students studying listening, vocabulary improvement, and the nature of presentations in each class.
3) Every student will give a presentation in English on the final day of lectures.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Describing a technical process in Englsih||Be able to explain engineering processes in English.|
|Class 2||Presentation using various types of figures and tables in English.||Deliver a presentation using figures and tables in English.|
|Class 3||Accurately and precisely describing and comparing objects.||Explain and compare objects in English.|
|Class 4||Preparing and organizing a presentation.||Prepare a presentation in English.|
|Class 5||Designing and effectively delivering a presentation.||Deliver a presentation effectively in English.|
|Class 6||Presenting with power point.||Deliver a presentation using power point.|
|Class 7||Final examination of English presentation||Give a small English presentation.|
We use an original text for this Tokyo Tech course, prepared by an instructor.
Students are evaluated based on exercises in each class (50%) and a final presentation (50%). Attendance is required for all classes.
One of the following conditions must be satisfied in principle.
1) TOEIC score is 600 points or more.
2) TOEFL ITP score is 500 points or more.
3) TOEFL iBT score is 60 points or more.
It is recommended to take this course in the third year.