The aim of this course is to foster problem-solving ability comprehensively as the overall summary of the students' learning as undergraduates. Students will belong to one laboratory within the department for one year and work on the solution of unsolved issues.
By the end of this course, students will have gained experience in:
1) Searching for academic papers and publications related to given problems.
2) Understanding the content of academic papers and publications.
3) Discovering new solutions to problems.
4) Evaluating the effectiveness and limitations of new solutions.
5) Communicating progress and results to others.
|✔ Specialist skills||Intercultural skills||✔ Communication skills||✔ Critical thinking skills||✔ Practical and/or problem-solving skills|
The details vary by laboratory, but the course requires active advancement of research.
|Course schedule||Required learning|
|Class 1||Research plan is different in each student.||Submit one copy of bachelor thesis and abstracts by the deadline.|
All articles and materials such as submitted bachelor thesis, the abstracts, presentation material and question-and-answer session are comprehensively evaluated.
Students are required to satisfy the conditions for starting the bachelor thesis research.
Prof. Yukio Takeda
2021AY Department Chair