Mon 3-4Session I4-B04/05
Credits Lecture:2 Practice:0 Experiment:0 / code:70032
Update : 2012/10/15
Access Index :
- Outline of lecture
- This course aims at systematic understanding of various kinds of material, such as ceramics, semiconductoes, metals, gases, and liquids based on quantum mechanics. The mechanism from which properties of the materials arise gives a systematic understanding
- Purpose of lecture
- Material properties such as latent heat, electric conductance, diffusion coefficient, elasticity, strength, etc... will be explained for variety of materials such as metals, ceramics, semiconductors, concretes, composites, etc... from the universal view point using bases of quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, thermo-dynamics, etc...
- Plan of lecture
- 1. Physics for an universal feature of materials
2. Electric properties of materials
3. Mechanical properties of materials
4. Thermal properties of materials
5. Chemical properties of materials
10. Carbon steels
- Textbook and reference
- No text book. The materials distributed via OCW will be used.
- Related and/or prerequisite courses
- Material science, Quantum mechanics, Statistic mechanics, Thermodynamics
- Exercise and Report
- Comments from lecturer
- "Perspective Understaing of Materials" is the start point to design products all of the engineering fields.