Thr 1-2Session H115
Credits Lecture:2 Exercise:0 Experiment:0 / code:50153
Update lecture notes : 2012/1/20
Access Index :
- Outline of lecture
- Standardization is now an important business tool. This lecture introduces standardization strategy and actual way of running standardization meeting, mainly on mobile communication area.
Actual standardization process is simulated by debate on several topics. This course takes spiral approach, repeating lecture and debate.
Students will learn standardization strategy as a business process to bring technology innovation into market. Also, actual skills required in standardization will be obtained through debate exercises.
- Purpose of lecture
- Students will learn standardization strategy as a business process to bring technology innovation into market. Also, actual skills required in standardization will be obtained through debate exercises.
- Plan of lecture
- 1. Introduction: what is standardization?
2. Industry utilizing standard heavily, mobile communications
3. Historical standardization strategy
4. Discussion 1, background explanation, NFC
5. Debate 1
6. Actual standardization process, 3GPP
7. Discussion 2, background explanation, New technology introduction to the standard
8. Debate 2
9. Skills required for standardization
10. Discussion 3, background explanation, M2M Communications
11. Debate 3
12. Creation of a forum
13. Discussion 4, background explanation, Augmented Reality
- Textbook and reference
- Related and/or prerequisite courses
- Technology Innovation and standardization Ⅰ
Topics are related. But lectures are indepedently designed so that students can learn either one.
- Perticipation to the discussion and report after each debate.
- Comments from lecturer
- Lectures will be given in English, but some help in Japanese will be provided if Japanese students have difficulties in English.
- Contact Information
- Yukitsuna Furuya
- Office Hours
- For the consultation, appointment by e-mail is required.