Wed 3-4Session S321
Credits Lecture:2 Exercise:0 Experiment:0 / code:50133
Update lecture notes : 2011/1/25
Access Index :
- Outline of lecture
- The lecture focuses on MIMO transmission systems for wireless broadband communications.
Basic principles, channel capacity, propagation model, processing schemes, and system structure for MIMO communications are introduced. Fundamentals of wireless communication and array signal processing are also lectured for the basis of MIMO communication system.
Furthermore, future perspective of MIMO system in wireless LAN and cellular standards are also given.
- Purpose of lecture
- The objective of this course is to provide various aspects of MIMO communication systems for wireless broadband networks.
The course supports information theory, signal processing, transceiver system, and access schemes for MIMO communication systems.
Basics on wireless communication and array signal processing are provided ahead for better understanding of MIMO system.
Future perspective on wireless LAN and mobile phone with MIMO schemes is also provided.
- Plan of lecture
- 01. Guidance of the course
02. Major Issues in wireless communications
03. Fundamentals of wireless communications
04. Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
05. Array signal processing
06. MIMO channel capacity
07. Double directional spatial channel model
08. MIMO receiver
09. MIMO transmitter
10. Adaptive MIMO communications
11. Multi-user MIMO
12. Distributed MIMO networks
13. Standardization of MIMO systems
14. Final Examination
- Textbook and reference
- Lecture note is provided.
Additional reference is;
E.Biglieri, et.al., ``MIMO Wireless Communications,'' Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Related and/or prerequisite courses
- Wireless Communication Engineering I
- Grade is based on reports and final examination.
- Office Hours
- Anytime. It is better to make appointment in advance.