Credits Lecture:1 Practice:0 Experiment:0 / code:92033
Update : 2006/12/25
Access Index :
- Outline of lecture
- The subject aims to introduce methodologies for strong motion prediction by which the design earthquake motion for seismic design of structures is specified. Topics dealt in this course include 1) Observation of strong ground motion, 2) Intensity of ground motion, 3) Propagation of Seismic waves, 4) Strong motion prediction methods, and 5) Applications.
- Purpose of lecture
- The subject aims to introduce methodologies for strong motion prediction by which the design earthquake motion for seismic design of structures is specified.
- Plan of lecture
- 1. Strong Ground Motion
2. Ground Motion Intensity
3. Earthquake and Propagation of Seismic Waves
4. Strong Motion Prediction Methods (theoretical and semi-empirical methods)
5. Strong Motion Prediction Methods (empirical methods)
6. Application for Seismic Hazard Maps
7. Application for Design Ground Motions
- Textbook and reference
- Original materials will be distributed.
- Related and/or prerequisite courses
- Fundamental knowledge on earthquake and ground motion will be necessary.
- Attendance and reports
- Comments from lecturer
- One of the fundamentals in seismic design of structures is to design input ground motion. Understanding of strong ground motion is indispensable for sophisticated performance design of structure.