Credits Lecture:2 Exercise:0 Experiment:0 / code:61003
Update lecture notes : 2005/9/23
Access Index :
- Outline of lecture
- I. Lectures on the mechanics of structural concrete. Some recent topics related to fracture mechanics of concrete are included.
2. Ultimate shear capacity of structural concrete
3. Ultimate torsional copacity of structural concrete
4. Ultimate capacity of RC short column
5. Ultimate capacity of RC slender column
6. Fracture mechanics of structural concrete
7. Prediction of structural size effect
- Purpose of lecture
- Fundamental mechanical behaviors of structural concrete will be explained.
Some concepts for the limit state design method will also be given.
- Plan of lecture
- 1. Introduction
2. Structural Design Concept of Reinforced Concrete Structures
3. Ultimate Limit States -- Flexural Capacity of RC Members
4. Ultimate Limit States -- Capacity of RC Members Subjected to Combined Flexural Moment and Axial Force
5. Ultimate Limit States -- Shear Capacity of RC Members
6. Ultimate Limit States -- Application of Fracture Mechanics
7. Ultimate Limit States -- Size Effect of Shear Strength in Diagonal Tension
8. Ultimate Limit States -- Lattice Model Analysis
9. Ultimate Limit States -- Torsion Capacity of RC Members
10. Serviceability Limit States
11. Fatigue Limit States
12. Special Topics
- Textbook and reference
- Class notes will be provided by the lecturer.
- Related and/or prerequisite courses
- Attendance, Reports and Examination