Activities of research and industry related to environment and energy are required to expand their targets to global market. The course gives overview of current status and subjects of global business strategy in the field of feature applications such as communication, railroad, automobile, appliance and materials and financial activity, and also gives case studies of global standards strategy and global intellectual property strategy which grips key to success of international business strategy embodiment. Students experience mutual negotiation by role-playing to lead standardization. Lecturers are Professors of Tokyo Tech and docents from industry and other who are active in the field. Language is English.
Cultivation of grounding for researcher and engineer to be able to play leadership in the international society.
1. Oct 2 Introduction, Standardization and intellectual property in global business by Kodani, Furuya
2. Oct 9 Case study 1: Global IP strategy in chemicals business by Kato ;Asahi Kasei Co.
3. Oct 16 Case study 2: Standardization and IP strategy in Mobile communication (1) by Furuya
4. Oct 23 Case study 2: Standardization and IP strategy in Mobile communication (2) by Furuya
5. Oct 30 Guidance for negotiation role-play in standardization by Furuya
6. Nov 13 negotiation role-play in standardization by Furuya, Kodani
7. Nov 20 negotiation role-play in standardization by Furuya, Kodani
8. Nov 27 Negotiation role-play in standardization by Furuya
9. Dec 4 Case study 3: Railway(1) by Watanabe
10. Dec 11 Case study 3: Railway(2) by Watanabe
11. Dec 18 Canceled
12. Dec 25 Case study 4: National policy in the field of environment and energy by Okumura ;Eurasia Group
13. Jan 8 Case study 5: Electric vehicle and Fuel cell vehicle (1) by Tomioka ;JARI
14. Jan 22 Case study 5: Electric vehicle and Fuel cell vehicle (2) by Tomioka ;JARI
15. Jan 29 Wrap-up presentation by Furuya, Kodani
Necessary documents will be distributed at each class.
Based on attendance40%, role-play activity30%, presentation30%
Understand overview, not details. Enjoy debate experience.
Course time is the 7th-8th period (15:05-16:35) on Thursday. Rooms are EEI211 in Ookayama and G115 in Suzukakedai with remote lecture system.