Urban environments are influenced by various factors, including the urban structure, buildings and the human activities in the area. The heat island effect is one of the environmental problems in urbanized areas.
The effective measures against those environmental problems are required for sustainable urban development and management.
This lecture explains the fundamentals of urban and built environment, including the heat island effect and thermal environment, and discusses what we should do for our living environments.
1. Fundamentals of urban and built environment
2. Cause of the heat island effect
3. Climatic factors in urban and built environment
4. Theory and measurement of heat balance on urban surfaces
5. Thermal environment in urban space
6. Thermal comfort in built environment
7. Human activities and anthropogenic heat emissions
8. Urban greening and its effect on the urban environment
9. Prediction and evaluation of urban and built environment
2. Your presentation