This lecture is designed for International Graduate Program and given in English. Advanced Environmental Geology (98024) is recommended for Japanese students.
Since environmental changes, natural hazards and energy/mineral resources are key issues for sustainable development, this lecture deals with the following topics starting with basic concepts of the earth sciences.
(1) Global scale environmental changes through time
(2) Outline of the plate tectonics and earthquake geology
(3) Geological hazards and disaster mitigation
(4) Energy and mineral resources
(5) Prospect for future environmental changes