We review several important phenomena in solid state science. It is assumed that the students have been familiar with following Chapters of Charles Kittel's "Introduction to Solid State Physics, 8th Edition."
CHAPTER 8: SEMICONDUCTOR CRYSTALS
CHAPTER 9: FERMI SURFACES AND METALS.
Understanding essences of several important phenomena in condensed matters.
Each topic will be lectured in two weekly classes by each teacher of Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
1. Semiconductor Crystals (Assc. Prof. Katsuro Hayashi) Oct. 3, Oct. 10
2. Fermi Surfaces and Metals (Prof. Fumihiro Wakai)Oct. 17, Oct. 24
3. Superconductivity (Assc. Prof. Hidenori Hiramatsu) Oct. 31, Nov. 7
4. Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism and Antiferromagnetism (Prof. Satoshi Sasaki) NOv. 14, Nov. 21
5. Dielectrics and Ferroelectrics (Assc. Prof. Toshiyuki Atou) Nov. 28, Dec. 5
6. Surface and Interface Physics (Prof. Ken Nakatsuji) Dec. 12, Dec 19
Charles Kittel's "Introduction to Solid State Physics, 8th Edition."
Understanding of each chapter will be examined by each teacher via a small test or method.