The topics of this year are design, application and implication of next generation sequencing technologies available at the video-lectures provided by Harvard Medical School. All attendees are expected to study the video lectures in advance, then, to give presentation about the video lecture in each class.
We will welcome all students and faculties regardless of major, to enjoy speakers, discuss hot topics, and share knowledge and experiences.
To understand the key concepts of biomedical informatics.
(1) Nov. 4th(Tue) Introduction of the topics in translational biomedical informatics
(2) 11th(Tue) Topics: Base calling and quality scores, Genome alignment
(3) 18th(Tue) Topics: Coverage and depth of sequencing, Design of experiments
(4) Dec. 1st(Mon) Topics: NGS Technologies and Design - III
(5) 9th(Tue) Topics: NGS - Applications and Implications
(6) .16th(Tue) Topics: NGS - Applications and Implications-II: Disease Association and Cancer genomics and NGS - Applications and Implications - III: WGA and personalized medicine
URL for the video lectures will be given in the classes.
Advanced Topics on Systems Life-Sciences II, I
Attendance to the lectures and reports.