Systems and Processes of Regional Planning and Transportation Planning are studied in this class and understood by students for the future sustainable development of a better society. To achieve this goal of the class, first we may learn about those systems in Europe, USA and Japan. Then, we study on the fundamental principle of planning process and regulations/institutions. We discuss on the citizen participatory process for those planning fields. This class will cover SEA (Strategic Environmental Assessment) and refer to litigation against governmental decision at administrative courts. Besides, planning practices will be discussed with students during the class.
2) National and Regional Planning systems in Japan
3) Planning systems in Europe and USA
4) Fundamental theory of planning process
5) Citizen Participation and Public Involvement
6) Administrative court system
7) Planning process and SEA process
A handout is available through OCW.
Transport Planning, Urban Planning at undergraduate course.
2 Reports and 2 Presentations