This course aims at systematic understanding of various kinds of material, such as ceramics, semiconductoes, metals, gases, and liquids based on quantum mechanics. The mechanism from which properties of the materials arise gives a systematic understanding
Material properties such as latent heat, electric conductance, diffusion coefficient, elasticity, strength, etc... will be explained for variety of materials such as metals, ceramics, semiconductors, concretes, composites, etc... from the universal view point using bases of quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, thermo-dynamics, etc...
1. Physics for an universal feature of materials
2. Electric properties of materials
3. Mechanical properties of materials
4. Thermal properties of materials
5. Chemical properties of materials
10. Carbon steels