In this class, the students idetiy the problems on the disaster management system of a spefific developing country, and then formulate an appropriate ODA projects proposal which a donor country should implement, on the basis of the documents about the target country and similar developing countries.
Through the collaboration with students from various countries, the proposal of ODA projects on natural disaster management on a developing country has to be established. Each group is required to make the final presentation to introduce each proposal.
1. Introduction and group formation (Oct. 7th)
2. Visit to JICA (Oct. 21th)
3. Group discussion and preparation for preliminary presentation (Oct. 28th and Nov. 4th)
4. Presentation on the problems identified (Nov. 11th)
5. Group work and preparation for the final presentation (Nov. 18th)
6. Final presentation of the proposal of each group (Nov. 17)
Lecture notes and necessary documents will be delivered in the class.
The credit of International Collaboration I is recommended. However, it is not compulsory.
Attendance, report and presentation are considered for the evaluation.
Collaboration between students from various countries has been expected.