Develop profound learning about reliability and safety on structural design.
Understand designing methods invoking probabilistic approach.
2. Role of probability in Engineering Design
3. Design and Decision Making Under Uncertainty
4. Basic probability Concepts
5. Analytical Models of Random Phenomena
6. Functions of Random Variables
7. Estimating Parameters form Observations
8. Empirical Determination of Distribution Models
9. Decision Analysis
10. Statistics of Extremes
11. Reliability and Reliability Based Design
Probability Concepts in Engineering Planning and Design Volume 1 and Volume 2, A.H. Ang and W.H. Tang
John Wiley & Sons
No specific condition
Final examination 50%