This is the special subject offered by G-COE program. However, it is opened for any Japanese and foreign students.
On the bases of the documents about Tehran, Iran that can be acquired through the internet web sites, identify the problems on the earthquake disaster management of the country, and then , formulate an ODA proposal to a donor contry on an appropriate earthquake disaster management program on Theran Metropolitan Region.
Through the collaboration with students from various countries, the proposal of ODA projects on earthquake disaster management on Tehran Metropolitan Region has to be established. Each group is required to make the final presentation to introduce each proposal.
1. Introduction and group formation (Oct. 6th)
2. Visit to JICA (Oct. 14th)
3. Group discussion and preparation for preliminary presentation (Oct. 20th)
4. Presentation on the problems identified (Oct. 27th)
5. Group work (Nov. 4th)
6. Group discussion and preparation for the final presentation (Nov. 10th)
7. Final presentation of the proposal of each group (Nov. 17)
Lecture notes and necessary documents will be delivered in the class.
The credit of International Collaboration I is recommended. However, it is not compulsory.
Attendance, report and presentation are considered for the evaluation.
Collaboration between students from various countries has been expected.