On the basis of electronic circuits and electronic device from undergraduate courses, this course provides general understandings on mixed signal system and its integrated circuit technology, which has become one of the most important technologies in current electronics.
Basic concepts on mixed signal systems and CMOS circuit design will be covered.
Students will acquire knowledge on mixed signal systems, CMOS circuit design, device technology, and mixed signal LSI design.
1. Introduction of Mixed Signal Systems and LSIs
2. Basics of Discrete-Time Signal and Systems
3. Basics of Digital to Analog Converters
4. Design of Digital to Analog Converters
5. Basics of Analog to Digital Converters I
6. Basics of Analog to Digital Converters II
7. Successive Approximation Analog to Digital Converters
8. Basics of Feedback Systems
9. Building Blocks of Analog to Digital Converters
10. Design of Pipelined Analog to Digital Converters I
11. Design of Pipelined Analog to Digital Converters II
12. Basics of Sigma-Delta Modulators
13. Design of Sigma-Delta Analog to Digital Converters
14. Basics of Phase Locked Loop Systems
15. Design of Phase Locked Loop Systems
Students should download the lecture materials from OCW/OCW-i.
(1) 「応用電子回路工学」松澤昭著 電気学会
(2) “Data Converters” Franco Moloberti, Springer
(3) “RF Micro electronics” Behzad Razavi, Prentice Hall
Knowledge of fundamentals on analog circuit theory and MOS device from undergraduate courses is required.
Evaluation will be based on the final examination(80%) and weekly reports(20%).
Mixed signal systems and its integrated circuits has become one of the most important technologies in current electronics.
This course will give you an organized view of the technology and the basis of advanced mixed signal LSI design.
Upon appointment by email.