This course will introduce and discuss the design process of many robotic systems developed at Tokyo Tech and in the world, including snake-like, walking, wheeled and crawler robots, and explain the basic methods and principles of idea generation and design of practical robotic mechanisms and systems.
Modern robotic systems are complex mechanism that integrates many sensors, actuators and need powerful computational processing power.
This lecture will explain the basic methods for design of practical robotic mechanisms and systems.
- Introdution - what is a robot? Overview of robotics.
- Snake-like robots
- Demining robots
- Wheeled & crawler vehicles
- Walking robots
- Rescue robots and decommissioning robots
- Development of Mechanisms, Sensor and Actuators
- What is creative design in robotics?
- Robots and future society
- Final remarks
To be announced during the lectures.
attendance and periodic reports
This lecture will try to get active participation of the students.