Fundamentals and advanced subjects in functional soft materials will be discussed from the viewpoints of synthetic chemistry and of topological polymer chemistry, in particular.
Recent advances and future perspectives in functional soft materials, in particular topological polymer chemistry, are discussed.
1. Polymer chemistry and topological geometry
2. Classification of non-linear polymer constructions
3. Synthetic polymer chemistry upon self-assembly protocols
4. Designing cyclic and topological polymers
5. Topological isomerism in polymer molecules
Download address to be announced in the lobby (1F) of S-8 building. A reference book in either printed or e-book form; "Topological Polymer Chemistry: Progress of cyclic polymers in synthesis, properties and functions", Y. Tezuka ed., World Scientific, Singapore, 2013.
Organic chemistry and synthetic polymer chemistry in undergraduate level will be mandatory. This subject will be given by Tezuka (even years in English) and by Michinobu (odd years in Japanese).
Based on the report submission upon several subjects to be discussed during the course (2014)