Advanced Oral Expression in English AI2 is designed to help students to express themselves in a variety of real world settings. It is a course which will build upon the English that students already have and to help students feel more confident in their communication.
This class follows the 80/20 rule. The aim of each class will be that students will be communicating with the teacher and with each other 80% of the time. The other 20% will be used to answer students’ questions and to go over homework, etc. Students will be working together in pairs and small groups in a supportive learning environment. The textbook supports the communicative approach which combines vocabulary, grammar as well as listening and speaking in a variety of social situations.
Lessons will be based upon the textbook Face to Face Upper Intermediate.
Since this class is an advanced class, you are expected to already have a general, working knowledge of English. Equally essential, however, is a strong desire to express yourselves in English. It is important to try your best to express yourself and to support your classmates.
There will be no final exam for this course. Grades will be decided by homework assignments, quizzes, attendance and the participantsʼ efforts to express themselves in English. There will be homework from each class and it is essential to prepare it in order to fully benefit from each class.
During this semester, we will create a community that is supportive, enjoyable and useful to each student.