This course, held in English and Japanese, provides students with applied methods for exploring their bodies, personal memories and selves through theatre and dance techniques. Through theatre and movement practices, they will use different modes of storytelling and representation, in making a performance piece.
The aim is to renew trust in interpersonal communication by encouraging open, fluid and reflective conditions. Ways of breathing, sensing and thinking with greater clarity will be practiced towards enhancing a sense of responsibility.
This is a three-fold process:
･ developing greater sensitivity to habituated states of the physical body
･ recalling and sharing subjective, if abstracted, memories
･ combining material in a performative setting for other students.
Transforming experience and memory from the discreet to the public:
- individual and group movement for sensory stimulation and expression developing concentration, clarity and confidence
- collage mediated self-images, share personal objects and memories, observations, places
- shape short personal narratives with chosen materials
- group trust exercise in costume
- organise and practice devised material
- short written or spoken reflection on experiences over the duration
Sharing the self
- space (warm up, breathing, concentration, vocalization)
- body experience (contact, throwing - catching, constraint – release)
- verbal experience (objects, images, music, dreams, memories)
Interpreting the other
- spoken word
- public exploration and observation
Presentation of stories, media and movement to group
Group presentation with stories, media and movement in devised space
Reflection and documentation.
１０月５日（水）１２：４０～ 大岡山キャンパス西９号館 Ｗ９３６講義室
Students will be assessed on their commitment, participation and reflection on their experience.
Students will be asked to prepare a list of simple materials for the course, and to wear warm and comfortable clothing they can move freely in.